1848: born at Guelph, Canada to John & Annie Beavis, natives of Scotland
1857: came to United States
1860: Federal Census of Griggsville, Pike County, Illinois w/parents and brother Arthur
1870: entered the ministry, first four years being connected with the Methodist Episcopal communion
organized a church at Methodist Church at Mansfield, Piatt County, Illinois
1873: transferred from Quincy Mission to Summit Grove circuit
1874: Astoria, Illinois Circuit
1874: transferred his allegiance to the Presbyterian church.
1875. May. Home Missionary appointment to Vermont, Astoria, and vicinity.
1875: Dec. Home Missionary appointment to Vermont Illinois and Astoria Illinois
1876: Organized church in Astoria, Illinois
1877: Dec 1. Called to Grace Presbyterian Church, Peoria, Illinois.
1879: City Directory of Peoria Illinois
1880: Federal Census of El Paso, Illinois (single) AND Federal Census of Peoria, Illinois (single, w/mother & 2 brothers)
1881: Oct 20. Married Emma Bearman Young in Hamilton, Canada
1883: October. Called to Macomb church (moved from El Paso).
1886: June 25. Pastorate at Macomb dissolved by Schuyler Presbytery.
1889: Dec. 24 son Harold born in Aspen, Colorado.
1891: Dec 5. Leaves church at Aspen due to dissension in congregation, possibly over preaching of a temperance sermon.
1892: Denver Colorado City Directory: Chaplain at Westminster University, a newly formed Presbyterian school.
1893: July 4. son Dudley G. born in Denver, Colorado
1894: Nov. Moved from Presbyterian College at Del Norte, Colorado to serve 6 month term at St. Paul’s Presbyterian, Hamilton, Ontario during leave of absence of head pastor. (Probably the Presbyterian College of the Southwest which opened in 1884)
1895: Oct. Assistant pastor at St. Paul’s Presbyterian, Hamilton, Ontario; he gave a eulogy for the head pastor.
1896: Nov. 2. Called to First Church of Hamilton, Ontario
1897-1900: Chaplain for Hamilton Ontario Acacia Masonic Lodge
1898: March 24. Report about History to the Hamilton Association, Hamilton, Canad
1898: Wrote the Congregational Fathers of Canada.
1900: May 1. At First Church of Hamilton, Ontario
1901: Census of Canada. Hamilton Ontario. w/wife and 2 sons
1908: May. Commissioner to General Assembly from Presbytery of Denver
1910: Federal Census of Denver Colorado w/wife Emma and sons Dudley and Harold
1911: Pastor at Arvada Colorado Presbyterian Church
1920: Federal Census of Denver Colorado with wife Emma; Harold C. Beavis age 30 was inmate at Colorado state hospital in Pueblo, CO
1929: City Directory of Denver Colorado
“Mr. Beavis is a highly educated, intelligent gentleman, a most consistent christian, and a zealous worker in his Master’s vineyard. The church, under his fostering care, is in a flourishing condition, and largely attended, both by the members of the congregation, and strangers in the city.”
- History of McDonough County, Illinois (1885) http://mcdonough.illinoisgenweb.org/Churches/PresChMacomb.html
- Presbyterian Monthly Record of the Presbyterian Church in the …, Volume 37. http://books.google.com/books?id=ZW80AQAAMAAJ
- Holmes, Richard. The Westminster. Vol. 33. http://books.google.com/books?id=KHdPAAAAYAAJ
- Journal of the Illinois Conference of United Methodists. (1885). http://libsysdigi.library.uiuc.edu/OCA/Books2009-06/journalofillinoi/
- Report of the Minister of Education of Ontario. 1898.
- Presbyterian Monthly record 1876. http://archive.org/stream/presmon27pres/presmon27pres_djvu.txt
- The Hamilton Association. http://eprints.archive.org/stream/journalproceedin1415189799hami/journalproceedin1415189799hami_djvu.txt
- 1911 Colorado Business Directory, Arvada, Jefferson County.http://files.usgwarchives.net/co/jefferson/directories/1911-arvada.txt
- The History of Peoria County, Illinois. (1880). By Johnson & co. http://books.google.com/books?id=j4w6AQAAIAAJ
- Congregational Yearbook. http://www.archive.org/details/canadiancongrega1897cong
- Wentworth, Frank (19??) Aspen on the Roaring Fork. https://ssl133.securednshost.com/~aspenhis/aorffrm.html?=aorfch9.html
- Chapman. ( ) History of Fulton County, Illinois. http://books.google.com/books?id=udfVAAAAMAAJ
- Officers of Acacia Lodge. http://www.acacia61grc.org/officers-1st-100-years
- New York Herald (1873). http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2014/New%20York%20NY%20Herald/New%20York%20NY%20Herald%201873/New%20York%20NY%20Herald%201873%20-%201374.pdf
- Concerning the Saint Paul’s Presbyterian Church and congregation, Hamilton, Ontario, 1854-1904. http://archive.org/stream/concerningsaintp00hamiuoft/concerningsaintp00hamiuoft_djvu.txt
- The Interior. Vol. 25. http://books.google.com/books?id=dBBQAAAAYAAJ