Jackson Street Cumberland Presbyterian, Macomb, Illinois

1851 – Nov 7. Organized by Rev. W. S. Campbell with elders Levi Hamilton and John B. Stapp
1866 or 1867 – Disbanded.

1884 – May. Reorganized.

1906 – Cumberland Presbyterians meeting who have been meeting in the courthouse are moving to new building
1909  – Nov 20.  Officers & members of Jackson St Presby church served by heirs of Parmenium Hamilton to vacate due to union of 2 churches (Jackson Street Cumberland and First)
1909 – Nov 23. Rev. J. M. Thompson, Jackson Street Presby church – Rushville presbytery (Cumberland Presbyterians)

1911 – Jun 9,. Rev. T. W. Rodgers – new pastor; installed by Rushville Presbytery (Cumberland Presbyterians)

1914 – 1915 -Rev. W. J. Reynolds officiated funeral of Sarah (McNealey) DeCamp in Sept 1914, and appears in Jan 1 1915 Macomb Daily Journal as pastor

1923 – Rev. John R. Browne, pastor (Source: Minutes of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A., 1923, pages 515, 856, 1200 & 1445)

Comments are closed.