From Humboldt Union Newspaper, Humboldt, Kansas, Saturday June 2, 1906, p.2, col. 5
DEATH OF WILLIAM BEADLE.
Was a Veteran of the Mexican War.
William Beadle  was born in Danville, Ky, Nov. 26, 1821  and departed from this life in Humboldt, Kansas, May 26, 1906 , being 84 yrs 6 months and 2 days of age. Moved with his parents from Kentucky to Johnson county Indiana in 1829, where he resided until 1841, when he returned to Kentucky, from there to Fulton county, Ill., in 1841. In 1846 he enlisted in Co. K, 4th Illinois, for service in the Mexican war and served with credit to himself and country. In August 1851, he was married to Miss Susie Coontz of Fulton co. Ill.  and they moved to Canton, Mo. where she died in Nov. 1852. In Feb 1885 , he was married to Miss Cyntha Martin of Canton, Mo. who survives him. To this union were born six children, five daughters and one son. Four daughters, Mrs. Susan White, Rex, Ore., Mrs. Louella O’Brien, Walcott, Wyo., Mrs. Eva Williams, Iola and Miss Gertrude survive him, besides 13 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren .He lived in Canton, Mo. and vicinity 18 years, removing to Kansas in 1884 and came here four years ago. In 1876, he became united with the Christain [sic ] church, in charge of Elder E. C. Browning, and lived an exemplary Christian life until called higher. He was a kind husband and a loving father.
Funeral services were held from the Christain [sic ] church Decoration Day and interment was in Mt. Hope cemetery.
- The name is found in various references as ‘Beadle’ or ‘Beadles’.
- In other references, William’s birthdate is listed as Nov. 26, 1822.
- In other references, his date of death is listed as May 28,1906.
- This marriage to Susie Coontz is also noted in his pension files for Mexican War service. However, the Fulton Co., Ill. marriage records show a marriage in Jun 1848 between Mrs. Nancy Beadles (widow of Anderson Beadles) and William Beadles. In the 1850 Census of Fulton Co., Ill., William is listed with Nancy, Nancy’s children from her marriage to Anderson Beadles, Susan Coontz, age 13, and Sarah Beadles, age 1.
- This is probably a typo, as the pension records list the marriage to Cyntha Martin as Feb 1854. They are listed in the 1880 census of Marion Co., MO as husband and wife.
- William had at least one other child by a marriage not mentioned in this obituary. William’s pension file and records from Johnson Co, Indiana, show he married Mary Jane TUCKER in Sep. 1839, and they had a daughter Emily, born about 1841. Mary Jane died in Sep. 1842 and Emily was raised by Mary Jane’s parents.