H. A. R. D. Goals
- Heartful – deeply felt, impossible to walk away (is it possible to create deep emotional attachment? Is this the premise of feeding one’s Holy Discontent?)
- Animated – visualized, alive in the brain, able to paint a picture over & over. (That the people may live.)
- Required – death is the alternative to achieving the goal’ urgent, bordering on obsessive
- Difficult – challenge is an absolute requirement, there is no path, no preconceived plan; fearful territory; must learn new skills
“When your brain is humming with a HARD goal, everything you need to run with it will fall into place”.
- Depth of interaction with emotion
- Lack of practice of visualization
- If death is alternative, fear of failure may be magnified -> incorporate Bell’s let go of the outcome
- N/S T/F J/P – alone vs together
Can SMART goals (Specific – Measurable – Achievable – Relevant – Timed) connect with HARD goals?